Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Week in TN

Regan also went to eat with us. She is a precious nurse at St. Jude Children's Hospital. They provide miracles to some of those sweet kids there with diseases. We all had a good time laughing about how silly we were in high school. I wouldn't take any of those memories back though!
Colleen and Kelly. Both of these sweet girls were from our youth group in high school. We ate yummy Italian food together!

Denise is still one of my very best friends. We met in 10th grade at church. She went to the rival high school and played softball. We have gotten even closer since high school, and the kids love playing together. She is a dear friend to me!


Grace with Hope, Baby Sam, and Jacob

Grace and I drove to TN on July 25 to prepare for my brother's big wedding. I always love going "home" to my parents house because my mom is such a good cook, it's so relaxing there, and I get to see old friends! I could've kicked myself because I left my camera back in TX, so I bought a throw-away camera and took some pictures. I haven't developed it, and have no idea how to get those pictures on a blog. At least I will have some "hard" documentation for our family scrapbook of what we did.

We helped Micah and Erica move some stuff into their house and helped them do a little decorating. Grace was mainly playing with their big dog, Riley, and bossing Riley around. She even made Riley go to Vacation Bible School in a different part of the yard, and would go and pick her up. Another day we helped Erica work in her classroom. She is a 2nd grade teacher at a wonderful school right down the road from their house.

We got to spend a lot of time with my younger brother Zachary. He is at school a lot, or playing baseball, so we don't get to see him that much. He played with Grace, or aggrivated her, and went to Chick-fil-A with us a few times. He is a great brother and really fun to be around.

I got to see several friends that I don't normally see when I go home. My friend Denise has 3 kids and we got to see a lot of them! We had ice cream, swam, and played at their new condo. Grace and I got to go to a summer movie with Kelly and her two kids, Sarah and Drew. They are always hilarious! And I got to eat out with my high school friends twice! Most of these girls didn't actually go to my high school, rather we were in youth group together. We still keep in touch over emails and now blogs, and it was so wonderful to see them in person. Grace and I had a great week before we started our drive across TN for the wedding!

No comments: