Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Other Memphis Happenings

The reason I stayed in TN as long as I did was for this girl, Regan! She got married on Jan. 10 and I HAD to be there! She looked gorgeous and had the best wedding! She deserves the world and some of us were there to celebrate with her. (L-R: EJ, Kelly, Christy, Regan, Karen, Amber, me and Laura). Fun times!
One night Micah and Erica had us over for dinner, and the kids got into Guitar Hero. Uncle Micah had to help most of the time.

Boo hoo! Does this age thing ever reverse?!

I regretfully turned 32 while in TN. At least my family knows and loves me enough to get me a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake! Yum! We just grilled out as a family and had cake. I got some cards, flowers, and more cartridges to my precious scrapbooking machine!

These are some of the most special people to me, ever! These girls were in my "grade" in high school, and mean the world to me! They really helped me grow in Christ in high school, and we kept each other entertained and out of trouble. We have sort of kept in touch over the years and I wish I had a way to post a pic of us from high school. Scary!! Jennifer, Denise, and Jennifer each have 3 kids and somehow we were able to meet one morning to catch up without ANY children. That's a feat in and of itself! It was so great!

Another day, Kelly so sweetly offered to have a playdate, so EJ and I joined. Are there enough kids in this picture? Even though I stay at my parent's house a long time, I am never bored. My mom comes home for lunch each day, and over holidays my brother is living there too. Then I have a couple of awesome friends, namely Kelly, Denise, and Karen who fill my days with playdates, lunches, etc. It keeps my kids entertained and I'm so appreciative!

I have THE BEST friends...both past and present. These girls, however, are precious! I am the old fogie of the group, but we all went to the same church in high school. Our youth group was quite unique because we constantly hung out together, and kept in touch over all these years. We didn't all go to the same high school, but loved each other anyway. Those that were in town over the holidays met to have dinner together. It was such a sweet time to share, laugh, and enjoy each other again. L-R (Kelly, Regan, Colleen, EJ- Elizabeth, me, and Amber- you might recognize some of these girls from my other blogs!)

No comments: