Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

May, Part I

That night we had random ducks and rabbits in our yard! The kids loved feeding them!
The portraits of all the mommies were posted on the wall. I picked mine out right away. Not because I am THAT good at knowing my daughter's artwork, but because she knows me so well. Look at the eccentric clothing with tons of color, stripes and polka dots! That's me!! Loud colors and big earrings! Hilarious!

Grace and her class reciting Psalm 139, "For you created my inmost being...you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." They can quote the whole chapter. Amazing, and it makes each mommy cry!
On May 7, Grace had a Mother's Day Tea at school. I love going each year. This year they made us bonnets, jewelry boxes, and portraits. They had cookies and punch for us, and showed us a little of what they learned this year.
Precious girl!!! How can she see anything coming her way with her hat like that? At least she's "ready!"
The cutest player, by far!!! She made it on base every time, however, she didn't hit too many balls off Daddy. She mostly used the tee.

The league this year was still through our church, but they got pitches from their coach, and then could hit off a tee if they didn't hit the thrown balls. We made progress each week. Here's the stellar player, Coach Josh!

T-ball began at the end of April, and boy was Coach Josh excited!! He planned, made spreadsheets, and thought about how each practice would work. Our friend, Matthew, coached with him. We had bascially the same team as last year, but we recruited another girl to play.

The kids' first swimming outing was to our Athletic Center's indoor pool. Brady was nervous again this year, but Grace is a real swimmer! They enjoy the little play area, but Grace already feels she's too big for that! Yikes!

1 comment:

maribeth said...

i LOVE the picture of you! hilarious!